Can you believe this is the last week before Christmas??? Wtf where did the time go! Glad I was ahead of it and did all my Xmas shopping already 💁🏻♀️ Online shopping for the win! If you’re stomach isn’t feeling 💯 after all these holiday parties here’s the perfect recipe to get you back on track without skimping on flavaaaa.
This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup has SUPER clean ingredients and it is perfect for meal prepping! The key ingredient is the coconut milk to get it nice and rich without adding anything processed and keeping it dairy free! Makes me so excited for lunches all week 😂 Also added vegetarian substitutions 🌱
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb organic chicken breasts substitute 1 cup uncooked quinoa for vegetarian
- 2 10 oz cans tomatoes with roasted green chiles
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 1 small jalapeno chopped (optional)
- 1 small red onion finely diced (white onion works too)
- 2 zucchinis chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or sub vegetable
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Tortilla chips a must
- Hot sauce
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Then add the veggies and saute for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except coconut milk and tortilla chips, bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and let simmer while covered for 30.
Remove chicken and shred it with two forks. With the chicken removed, add the coconut milk and tortilla chips then blend the soup & veggies with an immersion blender or in small batches with a regular blender.
Add the chicken back in and serve with your toppings.