Who remembers slow cook Sundays? I’m def bringing it back for the cold weather. I mean who doesn’t love throwing a bunch of ingredients in a crockpot and letting it do the cooking for you?! I did a vegetarian take on my White Chicken Chili and it was SO good! You can either leave the chicken out completely or add in shredded jackfruit to replace it.
Vegetarian White Chili
- 2 10 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 10 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 cobs corn (or 1 can – drained) kernels cut off
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth depends on how thick you want it
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 cups kale de-stemmed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika, salt, pepper and cumin
- *Optional: two chicken breasts or one can jackfruit
Add all ingredients to a slow cook except the kale. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve over kale and top with Greek yogurt, cilantro, avocado and cornbread crisps from Trader Joe's.