Shrooms are all the rage these days, and no I’m not talking about the mushrooms that make you hallucinate, I am talking about the super food mushrooms that are incredibly amazing for your health. Mushrooms come in tons of different varieties and they contain protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants making them one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Unfortunately, the taste can be off-putting to a lot of people (I personally love them but I understand those who don’t).
Luckily, the mushroom trend has really taken off in the past couple years and you can easily find find supplements that feature these super foods without the taste. Here’s the two mushrooms I’ve been including in my diet and why I’m loving them.
First, I want to talk about the latest mushroom trend I’ve been seeing, which is the beauty mushroom, Tremella. It began being used in Ancient China long before it was nicknamed the “beauty mushroom.” For over 2,000 years, Chinese and Japanese herbalists have used tremella mushrooms as a strong yin tonic, believing it would support for the lungs, brain, stomach, heart and immune system. Here’s why I love them.
- They hydrate your skin– Thanks to the high amount of polysaccharides and vitamin D!
- Packed with antioxidants– Polysaccharides again! Tremella mushrooms are full of them and they have been shown to have both anti-aging and antioxidant effects because of their ability to prevent cell damage that’s caused by free radicals.
- They have vitamin D– Not only great for your skin but also your teeth and bones! Those are important too.
- They support your immune system– Because nobody has time to get sick.
Next up, Reishi Mushrooms. This mushroom is also an adaptogen so it has immune-boosting properties, but can also fight fatigue and depression. It has been used in Ancient Eastern Medicine for years and those people really know what they’re talking about (many of Reishi’s health benefits have been scientifically proven as well). Here’s a little breakdown of why Reishi rocks.
- It helps with anxiety– They can also boost your mood and help with fatigue!
- They support your liver– The triterpenes found in Reishi mushrooms help support your liver, which is key in detoxing your body from harmful toxins.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory– They have even been shown to have anti-cancer properties as well!
- Boosts your immune system– They are a triple threat: antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. Because again, no one has time to get sick!!
Pretty cool, huh? These mushrooms can be found in Further Foods Chocolate Collagen Powder (for Reishi) and Vanilla Collagen Powder (for Tremella).
Click here to shop and use my code BROCC15 for a discount!