If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s cooking. And if there’s two things I’m good at, it’s cooking and shopping. As you know, I spend most of my time in the kitchen. I would be NOTHING without the items on this list. I’m not here promoting some fancy kitchen gadget that is going to cost you a fortune and will eventually collect dust in your pantry. These are all affordable items that I use almost every day and absolutely LOVE! Whether you are a pro chef or just getting started, I promise these items will change your life.
BYB Kitchen Essentials
- InstantPot, Amazon– The InstantPot really does live up to the hype. Not only is it a pressure cooker (aka cooks your food super fast!), it can also serve as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, the list goes on. Definitely worth the investment! I have the 6 quart and I think it is the perfect size for an individual or small family.
- Vitamix Blender, Amazon- This one is pricey I know, but I really do believe in this product. If you are in the market for a new blender, this is it. I use it for everything, from soup to juices. I also love NutriBullet Blender (Amazon) if you are looking for something smaller and more affordable!
- Cuisinart 8 Cup Food Processor, Amazon– I’ve used this food processor to make everything from my Walnut Brownie Protein Bites to Pico de Gallo to homemade nut butter! I love it because it can shred, slice and dice, unlike a blender.
- KitchenAid Immersion Blender, Crate & Barrel– If you’ve been following me for a while before I bought this thing, you’ll know I’ve had some mishaps while trying to blend soups. Needless to say, I love this tool for easily blending up creamy soups (like my roasted tomato soup) to making a quick easy dressing or sauce (like this parsley feta dressing). It’s worth it, trust me.
- Air Fryer, Amazon– This is a game changer. Makes your food SUPER crispy without any oil. Once you start using it, you’ll become addicted!! My favorite things to make in it are crispy tofu, copycat Chick Fil a nugs, and sweet potatoes.
- Chefman Sous Vide, HSN– If you want to cook your meat PERFECTLY every single time, look no further. I’m obsessed with my sous vide precision cooker for making steak, chicken, salmon, potatoes, and even veggies. It’s perfect for novice cooks as well!
- Smeg 2-Slice Toaster, Williams Sonoma– This was a spurlge but it is a great, functional toaster that looks super cute on your kitchen counter. I always get so many compliments on it!
- Caphalon Nonstick Pan Set, Amazon Another super easy way to eliminate unnecessary added calories from oil is to have a nice set of nonstick pans. I can cook everything from eggs to veggies with little to no oil in the pan and they won’t stick! This is the exact set I have and I absolutely LOVE them!
- Basic Nonstick Bakeware Set, Amazon– I had the OLDEST grossest baking pans for the longest time and I just never thought about replacing them. I bought this whole set for just over $20 and it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made! I use all of the items it comes with daily from making various desserts to breakfast muffins.
- Utopia Kitchen Cast Iron Skillet, Amazon– This skillet is my #1. It makes everything so nice and crispy without having to use tons of oil. It comes pre-seasoned so you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself. Plus, the price cannot be beat! It’s my trick to making the PERFECT crispy salmon. *Make sure to get a splatter screen!
- Our Place Pan, Our Place– This pan really is amazing. It replaces your fry pan, saute pan, steamer, skillet, saucier, saucepan, non-stick pan, spatula, and spoon rest. High recommend, I use it daily!!
- Le Creuset 5.5 QT Dutch Oven, Crate & Barrel– This one is a splurge, but if you cook frequently you will definitely love it and get your money’s worth. Plus it looks so chic on your stove top!
- Caphalon Knife Set, Crate & Barrel– You cannot be efficient in the kitchen without good knives. This is the absolute MUST HAVE item on this list. These knives are SUPER sharp, come with a built in sharpener and they are extremely affordable for the quality.
- ThermPro Meat Thermometer, Amazon– Yes, I’m experienced in the kitchen and I consider myself a great cook, but I’m low key scared of cooking meat. This handy tool eases my mind and helps me cook my meats perfectly every single time. If you are a beginner chef or like me and get scared of under cooking your chicken, this is a great purchase!
- Brieftons Sprializer, Amazon– I’ve never had premade zoodles that didn’t taste like s*%t. Don’t waste your money, buy this little gadget for under $20 and make them yourself. It’s SO easy and the thing will pay for itself in no time. Did I mention you can use it to make homemade curly fries too?
- Citrus Press, Amazon– I honestly don’t know how I lived my life without this. It makes it so easy to juice lemons, limes and even oranges. I use lemon juice to season everything from veggies to subbing for oil in salad dressings. It’s the ultimate “skinny hack.”
- Stainless Steel Garlic Press, Amazon– Mincing garlic is a pain in the ass, I know. This tool makes it easy and crushes the garlic so it is perfect for dressings and sauces.
- Cheese Grater & Zester, Amazon– Another great, no calorie way to season your food is to use citrus zest! This is a great, easy to store zester that I use all the time. Use it for lemons, limes, cheese, garlic, ginger, etc.
- Bistro Tile Measuring Cups, Anthropologie– I get sooo many compliments on these measuring cups! They are adorable and look super cute sitting on your counter.
Other Must Haves
- Stasher Bags, Amazon– I’ve built up a solid collection of these over the years and they are awesome!!! They last forever and you can even cook in them (this is what I use with my Sous Vide). There’s also dupes on Amazon! I buy Stasher because they last forever and are super high quality, but I have a few of these inexpensive ones as well!
- 4 Pack Washable Mesh Grocery Bags, Amazon- I just discovered these amazing bags when shopping online at Anthropologie. Instead of spending $20 per bag, I did some Amazon searching and found this 4 pack for half the price! Not only are they super cute, but they are functional and can expand to fit all of your groceries! I use 2 for my weekly grocery run and I also use them for a beach bag that won’t get loaded with sand.
- Stainless Steel Straws, Amazon- I love drinking through a straw and these stainless steel straws make everything taste better for some reason? They are eco friendly and super trendy – plus you can’t beat the price (ILYSM Amazon).
- Nut Milk Bag, Amazon– If you have never made homemade nut milk I highly suggest you try it! You will be shocked how easy it is. This nut milk bag is the best for milking your nuts (lol) and it also is great for juicing with a blender!
On The Table
- White Marble & Brass Tray, West Elm– If you’re reading this and you don’t own a cheese board, run don’t walk and buy this. It is simple. chic and gets the job done. An old favorite. You should also get these little cheese knives to go along with it while you are at it!
- Hamund Salad Bowl & Server Set, West Elm– This is a bit pricey, but trust me it’s SO worth it. Everyone needs a nice serving bowl set and this one is great quality.
- Plates & Matte Black Flateware, Fable Home– This is where my plates and matte black flatware is from. Such great quality and so chic! Code is broccyourbody 10 for 10% off.
- Gold Flatware, West Elm– I also have gold flatware that I LOVE. So cute for photos and dinner parties, plus these are great quality!
- Carved Mokuzai Chopsticks, Anthropologie– Love an at home chopstick moment. Bought these to feature in pics but bought more to use at dinner parties because they are so pretty and fun!
- Marble & Copper Dip Bowls, West Elm– These bowls are SO cute and perfect for entertaining. I’m the dip queen so I love using these to put out all my yummy dips while keeping my space super chic.
- Large Working Glasses, Crate & Barrel– Recently got these glasses and they are amazing!!! Cannot recommend them enough. Perfect for a big glass of iced lemon water, a cocktail or you can buy the lids to use as storage as well. These are very high quality and super affordable!
- Tiered Bar Cart, West Elm- Fully OBSESSED with my bar cart. It is sooo cute and affordable for the quality in my opinion. Check out my story highlights for how I style mine!
- Cocktail Shaker, Amazon- I would be lost without my cocktail shaker. From margs to martinis, this is a staple for ice cold drinks plus it adds an elevated look to your bar cart. Click here for a list of my favorite healthy-ish cocktails!
- Wine Decanter, West Elm– I love my wine decanter to elevate my bar cart look, plus it *obviously* decants your wine. I love whipping it out for dinner parties. Everyone is always impressed.
- Wine Aireator, Amazon– Here’s the more practical, less pretty version of the above. It’s a game changer for all my fellow wine-o’s out there. Plus it makes a great inexpensive-but-seems-expensive gift to pair with a bottle of wine.
- Wine Glasses, Crate & Barrel– I am OBSESSED with these wine glasses! They are so classy, but have a cute little chic twist to them. Plus they are dishwasher safe which is always a win.
- Large Sphere & Cube Ice Molds, Amazon– I love my wine, but I also love my whiskey. These ice cube molds are perfect for a whiskey cocktail or even for spicing up a margarita or tequila on the rocks.
- Cocktail Stirrer, Anthropologie– These cocktail stirrers are SOO cute (I have the margarita one DUH). They make a great addition to your bar cart and ensure you’ll never forget your favorite recipe.
- Monogram Coasters, Anthropologie– I got these as a gift and I love them! I always get tons of compliments. Great addition to you bar cart or coffee table.
- Sugarfina Lips, Nordstrom– I always have these on my bar cart for “decoration” but I definitely eat them all the time. They’re SO good, but also look adorable especially if you have pink accents on your bar cart like me.
Coffee & Tea
- Cosori Tea Kettle, Amazon– Can’t believe I lived this long without a tea kettle. I drink tea all the time and this makes it a million times easier. Boils water in like 2 minutes!
- Stainless Steel French Press, Amazon– I love French Press coffee! This one is inexpensive and super high quality. I love using Four Sigmatic’s Mushroom Ground Coffee with it.
- Handheld Milk Frother, Amazon– I use this baby all the time! Mixes and froths in seconds!
- Butterfly Mosaic Tile Mug, Anthropologie– Anthropologie is my go to for cute coffee mugs. This is my latest purchase and I’m obsessed with it. So cute!
- Floral Honey Bear Pot, Anthropologie– The newest addition to my kitchen. This little guy brightens my day and is super useful for adding honey to my tea every day!
Hope you enjoyed my most beloved kitchen items. I hope these items can bring as much joy and memories to you as they have for me! xx