Ask and you shall receive! The Broccolinis wanted some #MeatlessMonday recipes so let’s start with a bang! These Twice Baked Mexican Sweet Potatoes are BONKERS!!! So filling & delicious I promise you won’t be missing the meat 🙃
Here’s the recipe! Feel free to use regular potatoes, skip or add anything in the mixture, make it dairy free, etc. Have fun with it!!! xx
Twice Baked Mexican Sweet Potatoes
- 3 small sweet potatoes or 2 medium/large
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt omit for dairy free
- 1 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp green onion chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne omit if you don’t like spice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese omit for dairy free
- Cilantro & hot sauce to top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Although these are called “twice baked” I always steam my sweet potatoes in the microwave as opposed to baking because it’s WAY faster! Poke some holes in your potatoes with a knife or fork then microwave on a plate for 5 minutes each side or until soft.
Let cool then scoop out the insides and place in a medium sized bowl. Combine with the chiles, Greek yogurt, black beans, corn, green onion, lime juice and spices.
Spoon the mixture back into your sweet potato skins and top with shredded cheese.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with cilantro and hot sauce!