I grew up eating these insane BBQ Chicken Nachos that my neighbor would always make for any party or gathering. They aren’t your usual combo, but trust me they are SO SO good!! Think BBQ Chicken Pizza vibes but in nacho form. It is just one of those appetizers that you’ll eat until you feel sick, then count down the minutes until you don’t feel sick anymore so you can go at it again. I hope you can relate lol.
I made them much lighter than he does and I was able to clear 1/2 of the tray feeling like a million bucks! 🙏🏼 They’re also made on a lined sheet pan so there is barely any clean up at all. BLESS.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 1 13 oz bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 2 tbsp raw red onion diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or ranch dressing I added 1-2 tbsp of water to the yogurt to make it thinner to drizzle
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce to drizzle on top
- 1/2 jalapeño sliced (optional)
Shredded BBQ Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts shredded jackfruit or chickpeas would work for vegetarian
- 1 cup BBQ sauce I used Primal Kitchen
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
Heat a skillet to medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Season your chicken with salt & pepper and add to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken with two forks and coat with BBQ sauce.
Add half the bag of tortilla chips then top with half the shredded cheese. Add remaining chips and cheese then top with your shredded BBQ chicken. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with a drizzle of Greek yogurt, BBQ sauce, red onion, green onion, tomatoes, and jalapeños.