Craving a simple salad and this hit. the. spot 🙌🏼 Wanted to add salami so bad but I was still on the mend from a stomach bug so I kept it simple lol. I am truly obsessed with the marinated mozzarella balls from Trader Joe’s. I could seriously eat the whole container in one sitting. If you haven’t had them yet, you MUST pick them up the next time you go.
Simple Caprese-Style Salad
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup mozzarella balls 4-6 balls
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup olive oil or the oil from the mozzarella balls
- 2 tbsp balsamic or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Kosher salt & pepper
Toss arugula in the dressing. Add in remaining ingredients, toss and serve!
Top with additional salt & pepper if you’d like. I also like to add some balsamic glaze on top. YUM!