The perfect summer dish: Rosé Shrimp Scampi 💖 Goes perfectly with a glass or two of @daouvineyards Reserve Rosé on the side. I love this fun spin on classic shrimp scampi by adding a splash of rose instead of white wine. It gives it a really delicious flavor and it’s a great excuse to open a bottle of this delicious rose 😘
Rosé Shrimp Scampi
- 1-1 1/2 lb wild caught shrimp peeled and tails removed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese + more to top
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon juiced (I used 2 because I love lemon. I recommend using 1 then adding more to taste when it’s done)
- Splash of @daouvineyards Reserve Rosè (or any rosé you have!)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Pasta or bread to serve I love it over rice too!
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, olive oil and garlic. Once it simmers, add in your shrimp in one even layer. Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
After about 2 minutes when the shrimp start to turn pink, flip and add the parsley, lemon and rose.
Let it simmer until reduced and shrimp are fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Top with parmesan and add in your pasta if you’re serving the scampi with it.
Top with more parsley and Parmesan to serve!