Happy National Guacamole Day!! 🥑 In honor of this amazing holiday, I made a Chicken Enchilada Nacho Skillet that is not only insanely delicious, but takes less than 30 minutes to make and only uses one skillet!
Chicken Enchilada Nacho Skillet
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken you can also use ground Turkey or beef
- 4 to rtillas I used almond flour but corn would work great too!
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- Guacamole I used a container of @whollyguacamole
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced
- 1/2 bell pepper core removed + diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- Cilantro & Greek Yogurt to top
In a medium sized skillet, heat a drizzle of oil.
Cut your tortillas into small pieces (I use a pizza cutter for thiand gently pan fry them with a little salt until they are slightly crispy at the edges, but still soft. Set aside.
Add in the onion, garlic and jalapeño and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add in the chicken (if you’re using ground Turkey or beef you can add it in here and brown the meat until cooked througthen add the tortilla strips, and enchilada sauce. Stir to combine then top with chips and cheese and cover until cheese has melted. Top with guac, yogurt, cilantro and more enchilada sauce.