Yesterday I canceled all my plans and drove to my parents house so I could make chili and cornbread with my mom. I have zero regrets because we made THE BEST Turkey Chili I seriously might make it again this week haha. Even my dad was obsessed and he usually hates anything healthy lol. The perfect Halloween night meal too! 🎃
- 2 lbs ground turkey I used 93% lean
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 14 oz cans kidney or black beans I don’t drain them!
- 1 8 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth see notes
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 yellow onions diced (I put a little aside to add on top at the end too)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 jalapeno minced optional
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or red chili flakes
- Greek yogurt or Sour Cream
- Green onion
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese
This can be made in a regular pot, InstantPot or slow cooker.
For a slow cooker, you will need to brown your turkey and saute your onions and garlic in a separate skillet. In the InstantPot, use the saute setting.
Heat oil in the skillet or InstantPot. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes Add ground turkey and cook until it’s browned and just cooked through.
Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker or InstantPot. Stir to combine.
Cook in an Instant Pot for 20 minutes on high pressure or cook in a slow cooker for 7-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. You can also use a regular pot with a lid and let it simmer. Just turn heat to low and cover for 30 min to 2-3 hours.
Use quick release to vent the InstantPot. Add more seasonings to taste!