Feels so good to bring you guys a NEW RECIPE 🥲 I cannot stop making this Sumac Cucumber Salad with Salmon and I cannot wait for you guys to be just as obsessed!! It’s so fresh and light, but totally satisfying. And it’s ridiculously easy to make as always! 🤍
Sumac Cucumber Salad:
- 1 large cucumber roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large ripe avocado cubed
- 1 small shallot minced (we lost our shallot somehow so we used garlic haha you can also use 3 tbsp of minced red onion)
- 3 tbsp mint finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp sumac + more to taste most grocery stores have it or order on Amazon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 4 oz salmon filets
- Seasonings of choice- I like to do salt pepper, sumac, garlic powder, and fresh lemon
- Olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Toss all ingredients together for the salad. Season to taste.
Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add a generous drizzle of oil to coat the pan and once the pan is very hot, add the salmon flesh side down (skin side up). Sear for about 2 minutes each side then bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes (depends on the thickness/doneness you like your fish).
Serve over brown rice and top with the cucumber salad. I also do a squeeze of lemon on top as well!