A food trend I am 1000% behind! Except I have found the @joeandthejuice Spicy Tuna Sandwich is superior to the Tunacado- personal preference. Either way, you can’t deny that the whipped tuna is an absolute game changer. I found that just extra toasty regular thinly sliced wheat bread gives you a similar texture and crunch to the bread they use. If you don’t like spice just leave out the jalapeños (although pickled jalapeños don’t really have too much slice) and hot sauce. Enjoy!!
- 1 5 oz can sustainably caught tuna drained. I like Wild Planet brand!
- 3 tbsp red onion roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños plus more to top
- Juice from 1/2 small lemon 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the sandwich:
- Thinly sliced & toasted whole wheat bread
- Sliced tomatoes
- Hot sauce
Combine tuna, red onion, jalapeño, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Add to toasted bread with tomato, pesto, more jalapeños and top with hot sauce.