Spent a week eating my way through London and the one thing I cannot stop thinking about is the Chili Broccoli Salad from @dishoom 🤤 And bless them for posting this recipe online because I don’t know what I would have done without it. I made a few tweaks to adjust to my taste and what my grocery store had in stock. You’ll notice I use jalapeños instead of red chilies because the two stores I went to didn’t have them and I wanted to make sure the recipe was super accessible to all. I personally think it tastes just the same, if not better! You guys will be OBSESSED with this recipe 👏🏼 Thank you Dishoom for introducing me to these incredible flavors. It’s a must when visiting London!
Dishoom’s Chili Broccoli Salad
- 1 head of broccoli stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeño minced (remove the seeds for no spice)
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 3 medjool dates pits removed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/4 jalapeno seeds removed for no spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 mint leaves
First make the dressing by blending together all ingredients.
Add the broccoli, pistachios, jalapeno, cilantro, mint, dates and salt to a large bowl. Toss well with the dressing.
Serve chilled with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and lime wedges.