You can make this beautiful salad with just regular peaches, but grilling them really takes it to the next level if you can. It pairs perfectly with the rich balsamic dressing and balances out with the fresh basil. Feel free to lose the burrata or prosciutto to suit your dietary needs! Don’t forget to save this post to come back to when you’re looking for a summertime recipe that is delicious and the PERFECT appetizer to bring to your next dinner party!
Peach Burrata Prosciutto Salad
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 ripe yellow peach pit removed and sliced
- 1 small heirloom tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves torn
- 3 oz burrata torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 oz prosciutto torn into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil for grilling the peaches
- Flakey salt & pepper to serve
Creamy Shallot Balsamic Dressing:
- 1/2 small shallot about 3 tablespoons
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Start by making your dressing. Blend together all ingredients except the olive oil with an immersion blender. Slowly add in the olive oil until blended. You can also use a whisk, you will just need to finely mince the shallot (but it won’t be as creamy).
Heat your grill to medium heat. Brush your peach slices with olive oil then add to your hot grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until slightly charred and soft.
Toss the arugula in half the dressing until evenly coated. Lay out on a large platter then top with tomato, grilled peaches, pistachios, basil, burrata and prosciutto. Drizzle with additional dressing and finish with salt and pepper.