This one hits all my buzz words: one pot, protein rich, veggie heavy, 20 minutes, extremely delicious. These Egg Roll Bowls are ideal for a quick weeknight dinner, plus it makes great leftovers so it’s perfect for meal prep. If you’re really in a pinch, you can use 1/3-1/2 cup of Trader Joe’s Soyaki instead of the homemade sauce.
One Pot Egg Roll Bowls
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef turkey or chicken
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated (or use the frozen cubes from TJ’s)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bag frozen brown rice or 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sesame seeds and green onion to garnish
- Sweet Chili Sauce & Chili Onion Crunch to serve
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha or chili onion crunch
First, make the sauce by whisking together all ingredients.
Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the meat and break it up with a meat masher or wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Once browned, add the ginger, onion, green onion, and carrots. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Add cabbage and stir for 1 minute until combined. Add the rice and the sauce and stir to combine. Continue stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until cabbage is tender and the rice is warmed through.
Top with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with a drizzle of sweet chili sauce and chili onion crunch. Makes about 4 servings!