I’ve been making this White Chicken Chili for YEARS. I think it was actually my first Crock Pot recipe I’ve ever made 😱 It’s super creamy, filling and pairs PERFECTLY with the cornbread crisps from Trader Joe’s! ALSO, thinking about switching to Slow Cook Sunday’s and making Trader Joe’s Monday’s a thing. What do you guys think?!
White Chicken Chili
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 2 10 oz cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 10 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 cobs corn (or 1 can - drained) kernels cut off
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2-3 cups chicken broth depends on how thick you want it
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 cups kale de-stemmed
- 1 tsp chili powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika, oregano, and cumin
- green onion
- Greek yogurt
- crackers or chips
- mozzarella cheese
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
Top with cream cheese. Trader Joe’s offers a “light” cream cheese with less fat and calories, but I opted for regular since the ingredients were much cleaner!
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8, stirring once every hour or so.
Shred the chicken, add one cup of kale (de stemmed), and season to taste.
Top with green onion, jalapeño, avocado, Greek yogurt, cornbread crisps or tortilla chips and some mozzarella cheese.