Is there any better feeling than cleaning your whole house then making soup in the rain?? Couldn’t be any happier. I was craving something Thai and coconut-y and this really hit the spot. Like I actually have no words for how insanely delicious this soup is… You can really throw any veggies in here and you could even add a protein like chicken, shrimp or tofu if you’d like. Whatever you do, just please make this damn soup.
Thai Coconut Curry Potsticker Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 red Thai chili or 1/2 jalapeño minced (optional- will make it spicy!)
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 8 oz white mushrooms diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Red Curry Sauce or 2 tbsp red curry paste + 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Juice from 2 large limes
- 1 16 oz bag of frozen potstickers I used the veggie ones from Traders
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Cilantro and lime to garnish
Heat a soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Once heated, add coconut oil then onion, garlic, bell pepper, chili pepper and ginger. Sauté until fragrant (3-4 minutes) then add mushrooms. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until veggies are soft.
Add sweet potato and curry paste/soy sauce or curry sauce and stir to combine.
Add in coconut milk and broth then bring to a boil then let it simmer on low and covered for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Bring back to a boil and add your potstickers, lime juice and spinach. They should be heated through in 5 minutes.
Serve immediately and garnish with cilantro and a squeeze of lime!