Can’t tell if this looks appetizing or not but whatever because these Broccoli Cheddar Spaghetti Squash Boats are so fire!!! Such a cozy meal, perfect for this rainy day in LA. It’s also extremely easy to make- don’t let spaghetti squash intimate you. A few minutes in the microwave and it’s super easy to handle. You can also use the broccoli cheddar mixture to serve with rice, pasta or even eat on its own! It’s that good.
Broccoli Cheddar Spaghetti Squash Boats
TIME: 45 minutes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, lightly steamed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour, I used GF
- 1/3 cup milk, I used oat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke 4-5 holes in your squash and microwave for 6-8 minutes, flipping it over half way through. It should be a little soft, but firm on the inside. Cut in half longways and remove the seeds inside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil then add in your chicken. I seasoned mine with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in the onions and sauté until chicken is cooked through. Add in broccoli and flour then stir to combine.
- Next add the milk, cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper to make your sauce. To thicken the sauce, sprinkle in more flour 1 tsp at a time. If it’s took thick, add more milk.
- Scoop the mixture in the spaghetti squash and top with a little more cheese (optional). Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and the squash easily flakes off with a fork.