NEW Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad is what my lunch dreams are made of! I wanted to master a traditional Caesar salad dressing because it’s one of my all time favorite lunches or start to my dinner.
Lunch | Dinners | Salads
NEW Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad is what my lunch dreams are made of! I wanted to master a traditional Caesar salad dressing because it’s one of my all time favorite lunches or start to my dinner. FYI- the dressing is green because I used avocado oil 😂 Instead of croutons, I opted for some crispy chicken cutlets to add some lean protein. A masterpiece if you will… Don’t forget to top with lots of freshly shaved parm. YUM! I also have a Greek yogurt based Caesar dressing on my blog for when you’re feeling something lighter.
Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 cup avocado oil or any neutral oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 2 anchovies packed in oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcheshire sauce
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Romaine lettuce Kale is also delish too!
Crispy Chicken Cutlets:
- 1 chicken breasts
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil for pan frying
- For the dressing, blend all ingredients except the parmesan cheese with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in the parmesan and season to taste. Refrigerate until you’re ready to toss your lettuce.
- For the crispy chicken, cut the chicken in half to make 2 thinner breasts. Place on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, bottle of wine, cup or whatever you have with a flat wide surface, pound the chicken until it’s thin and even. Season with salt and pepper. Line up your assembly line with the flour mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper, beaten egg, and breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat (or slightly lower than medium if your stove is strong). Place one cutlet at a time in the flour, egg wash, then breadcrumbs to coat evenly. Place in the hot pan for about 3 minutes each side. Slice and serve on top of the salad. Top with a squeeze of lemon and freshly shaved parm