One way you are sure to impress your guests is by making a beautiful charcuterie board. Seems easy enough to put some cheese, crackers and salami on a cutting board right? Not these days honey.
Having not only a delicious and well balanced board, but something that will also look amazing on your Instagram feed is a must in this day in age. It can be quite overwhelming when you have high expectations for yourself, but then are faced with the 700 different types of cheeses at Trader Joe’s. There’s a science to Charcuterie and I needed to call in for expert backup to make sure we all were putting our best board forward.
In comes Kayla (@kaylaskitchandfix) who is probably one of the most creative people I know. She can put together a mean charcuterie board so I had to bring her on board (pun intended) to get my Broccolini’s ready for the holidays.
Let’s get right to it! Here are our tips for building the perfect holiday charcuterie board, along with a grocery list to prevent cheese isle panic!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- The Basics– Make sure you have a nice big cheese board and some cheese knives! I also love these bowls for dips, sauces, and nuts.
- Know your crowd– Take note of any dietary restrictions! Put meat on a separate plate or buy some gluten free crackers if needed. I love simple mills crackers for a great gluten free option!
- Fill in blank spaces. Kayla’s Oven Roasted Rosemary Cashews (recipe here) are perfect for filling in any gaps with a delicious, herby crunch. I also love adding Marcona Almonds!
- Add herbs and flowers for color. Not everything has to be edible. I love adding fresh herbs like rosemary or some flowers for decoration.
- Leave out your cheese. Let your cheeses come to room temperature before serving. This means you can arrange your board hours before your guests arrive! It’s a win win.
- Add some apps! My favorite way to really spice up a Charcuterie Board is to add some Bacon Wrapped Dates. These Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates are insane (pictured on the board above!). Everyone will be obsessed.
- Come to the store prepared. Here is a list of everything you will need. If you take one thing away from this post, let it be this grocery list. Have this list handy, it will seriously save you!
Hope this was helpful! Be sure to tag me and Kayla in your creations!! xx