THE BEST EFFING BREAKFAST SANDWICH. I think Liz Moody and I need to put our heads together more often because DAMN! This is truly the best breakfast sandwich I’ve ever had.
The Best Effing Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 English muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ⅓ cup arugula
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
Herby Avocado “Aioli”
- ️1/2 avocado
- Big handful of basil woody stems removed (about ½ cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ️1 jalapeño, pit and seeds removed
- A big pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and arrange the bacon on it without overlapping or crowding the pan. Place in a cold oven and set the heat to 425 degrees. Your bacon should be crispy perfection in about 20 minutes! Remove the bacon from the baking sheet and place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up excess grease.
- While the bacon cooks, make your Herby Avocado “Aioli.” Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Add water 1-2 tsp at a time if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan once heated. Rub the chopped rosemary on your frozen hash browns then add to the pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes each side, or until golden brown and crispy and the center is warm. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, add another drizzle of oil or butter to coat. Crack 2 eggs in the pan and add 1 tbsp water. Cover for 1-2 minutes, until your eggs are cooked to your liking. Top with salt & pepper. Remove and set aside.
- On the same pan, add your english muffin cut side down to get browned and crispy, about 45 seconds. Flip over and add a slice of cheddar cheese. Cover until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Assemble your sandwich, adding the Herby Avocado “Aioli” to the other side of the English muffin without cheese then stack on the remaining ingredients.
- Slice in half, grab a napkin (or 3) and ENJOY!