No tricks, just treats (like REALLY good treats) for you today. Completely nailed this Gluten Free Chicken & Dumpling Soup recipe tonight and I’m not comparing here, but it def gives my lemon chicken soup a run for its money. Tastes like a hug in a bowl. And if you’re looking for a good chicken noodle soup recipe, just replace the dumplings with some egg noodles are you’re set. Try it out this weekend. I promise you, it’s really freaking fantastic!
Gluten Free Chicken & Dumpling Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken breast cut in half longways so it's thinner
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add chicken breast and season it with salt and pepper. Sear for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Add in chopped shallot and sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add celery stalks, carrots and fresh thyme. Sauté for another 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low then cover and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through (10ish minutes) then remove and shred the chicken.
- While that cooks, make your dumplings! Combine gluten free all purpose flour, baking powder and 1 tbsp chopped sage. Once that is combined add Greek yogurt and chicken broth. Combine until a dough is formed.
- Bring soup to a boil over medium high heat and add about 1 tbsp of rolled dough to the soup (these will expand as they cook so make them smaller than you think).
- Return heat to medium, cover and let cook for 8-10 minutes. Serve with fresh thyme and freshly cracked black pepper.