THE BEST Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes 🤤 We all know how valuable oven and stove space is on Thanksgiving, so these potatoes are perfect for clearing some space and taking one of the main dishes off your plate. These are so easy to make, you’ll never go back to any other recipe! You can add some cheese, truffle oil, whatever you want to dress them up and make them your own. I personally think they’re perfect just the way they are 👌🏼 One last tip- don’t be afraid to add salt!! Potatoes need a lot of salt so make sure you try them and season to taste before serving. Enjoy!!
Recipes > Dinners | Sides & Snacks > The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup milk or half and half, warmed
- 1/3 cup sour cream, optional
- Additional pat of butter and chives to serve
- Add your potatoes, garlic, butter, broth and salt to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7.
- Add milk and sour cream, mash the potatoes until smooth. I like some chunks!
- Season to taste and serve with a pat of butter on top and some fresh chives. Serves 8-10.