Fried rice is the ULTIMATE fridge clean out meal. I’ve used almost every type of veggie and protein combo and it always comes out fire!! 🔥 Sharing this Classic Chicken Fried Rice as a blank canvas for whatever you want to do to modify with what you have on hand or spice it up. You can also always replace half the rice with cauliflower rice or just add it in to bulk it up!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups white rice ideally cooked a day ahead of time
- 1 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour optional
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups veggies I did carrots, peas, zucchini and asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- hot sauce and sesame seeds to top!
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
Coat your chicken in the tapioca flour, salt & pepper. Add the sesame oil to the pan then add your chicken. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then flip.
Add your veggies and sauté until they are soft and chicken is cooked through. Add your rice and garlic and stir to combine.
Push the mixture to one side of the pan and crack your eggs. Scramble them until they are cooked through and stir into the fried rice.
Add your soy sauce and continue to mix the rice. Top with sesame seeds and hot sauce of your choice!