This salad has been famous long before I ever heard of it, but since I’ve remade it my recipe has had over 10 million views and hundreds of remakes. La Scala is a restaurant in Beverly Hills that has been serving this popular salad to President Kennedy to the Kardashians since the 1950s. Now we can enjoy it at home and avoid the paparazzi! It’s a win win.
Restaurant Remakes | Salads
Recreated THE MOST FAMOUS SALAD IN LA from La Scala in Beverly Hills 🤩 Known for being the Kardashian’s favorite and it’s really not surprising because it’s truly the best chopped salad on earth. Until now. Here’s how to make it! The key is to chop up everything really well 👌🏼
Famous La Scala Chopped Salad
SERVES: 4 servings
TIME: 30 minutes, plus 1 hour to marinate the chickpeas
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup diced low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 ounces salami, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges for squeezing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, oregano, and few twists of pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas in 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the romaine, iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, Parmesan, salami, basil, and salt and pepper. Add the refrigerated chickpeas and the remaining dressing and toss to evenly combine. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing and more grated Parmesan
Great with grilled chicken on top!