I love McDonald’s. It makes me feel like absolute shit after I eat it, but for some reason when I’m hungover in an airport you can’t stop me from ordering a McGriddle and a hash brown. It just comforts me, ya know? But since I’m not heading to an airport anytime soon, I figured I would make a MUCH healthier version at home. It definitely hit the spot!
- 2 pancakes cooked according to package
- 1 slice bacon sausage works too!
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Maple syrup
- Make your pancakes according to the package or if you want to make them from scratch, more power to ya! Do the same with the breakfast meat of your choice. I always bake my bacon in the oven at 425 degrees.
- For the folded egg, whisk an egg and pour over a small, hot skillet over medium heat. Cover for about 30 seconds then flip until it is done cooking. Fold in half, then in half again.
- Assemble your sandwich, drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!