If I could cook with anyone it would be Ina Garten. I’ve always loved everything about her and if you don’t own her book, Modern Comfort Food, it’s a must. Her Baked Cod with Garlic & Herb Ritz Crumbs is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to make cod. I’ve made a few adjustments to the recipe to suit my cooking style which I’ll share below, but full credit to Queen Ina on this one!
‘Ina Inspired’ Baked Cod with Garlic & Herb Ritz Crumbs
Baked Cod with Garlic & Herb Ritz Crumbs
- “Good olive oil” – Brands I like are Kosterina, Graza, We Olive, & Temecula Olive Oil Company
- 4 6 oz boneless skinless cod filets
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add a generous drizzle of olive oil to a baking dish just big enough to hold the fish.
- Add the cod and fully coat in the oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- While that bakes, combine the cracker crumbs, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, parmesan and lemon zest.
- Add in melted butter and olive oil and stir to combine.
- Remove the fish from the oven and add the lemon juice then the crumb mixture on top of each filet.
- Bake for another 10ish minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.