A delicious & refreshing summer cocktail to use up all those lemons I have in my tree 🍋 This gorg Lemonade Gin Slushy is clearly a show stopper and it gets it’s special ombré effect from the Empress Gin I used 🦋 It’s handmade in small batches and gets it’s unique coloring from Butterfly Pea Flower. It’s a must for this summer staple cocktail!
A delicious & refreshing summer cocktail to use up all those lemons I have in my tree 🍋
Lemonade Gin Slushie
For 1 cocktail:
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 2 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz water
- 0.5 oz honey simple syrup
- 1 cup blended ice
- Lemon wheel and fresh mint to garnish
Honey Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- First make the simple syrup. Combine equal parts honey and water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until honey is fully dissolved into the water. Store in a sealed container and use in cocktails, coffee, tea or anytime you need a natural liquid sweetener!
- To make the slushie ice, blend your ice cubes in a blender until you get a snow-like consistency. This is optional but makes it fun and taste better in my opinion!
- In a small glass, stir together the lemon juice, water and simple syrup. Add the blended ice to a tall cocktail glass and pour in the lemonade mixture. Top with Empress 1908 Gin and garnish with a lemon wheel and mint.