A classic Brocc recipe that has been on repeat since 2018. This meal is every you want in a quick, healthy weeknight dinner. It’s delicious, protein packed and makes great leftovers. You will definitely be saving this one!
A classic Brocc recipe that has been on repeat since 2018. This meal is every you want in a quick, healthy weeknight dinner. It's delicious, protein packed and makes great leftovers. You will definitely be saving this one!
One Pan Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
TIME: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup water, chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or Mexican blend cheese
- Whole-milk Greek yogurt or sour cream, for serving
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Hot sauce for serving, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the ground turkey and cook, without stirring, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring frequently and breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, until browned all over, about 3 minutes. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the broccoli, bell pepper, sweet potato, and water and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Taste and season with more salt and/or pepper.
- Serve right out of the skillet or divide among 4 bowls. Top with the mozzarella, yogurt, cilantro, and green onion. Pass hot sauce at the table for anyone who wants it.