Mashed potatoes & gravy is always one of my favorite things on the Thanksgiving table! I also love making it for a cozy meal with some roasted chicken during the week! Making delicious gravy is so much easier than a lot of people think. Here’s my tried and true recipe that I use every single year. Let me know what you think!
Quick & Easy Gravy
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs like sage rosemary and/or thyme
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups stock or drippings
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it’s just melted, add the seasonings and herbs and whisk to combine. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk until the flour is smooth.
- Add the stock and whisk occasionally until the gravy has thickened. Keep in mind that it will thicken slightly when it cools! Feel free to whisk in a bit more flour if you like a thicker gravy or add more stock to thin it out.
- Season to taste and serve! Makes about 2 cups of gravy.