I went REAL hard for lunch today with this Taco Bowl 😋🌮 Took about 20 minutes to make and I have plenty of leftovers for lunch this week. This taco meat is a staple for tacos, my Crunchwrap recipe, burritos, possibilities are endless!
Ground Beef Taco Bowl
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or corn starch or 1 tbsp regular flour
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add in your ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon as it browns.
- Once the meat is almost fully browned, add in seasonings. If you like more “saucy” beef, add in a slurry of flour + water and let it simmer on low heat until the liquid dissolved (6-8 minutes).
- Remove the beef from the heat and immediately stir in the shredded cheese.
- I served in a bowl with brown rice, shredded lettuce, pico de Gallo, avocado, Greek yogurt, pickled onions, cilantro, lime, hot sauce and @sietefoods chips.