If you’re trying to eat more vegetables, this recipe makes it SO easy. I’m willing to guarantee that this is The Best Roasted Broccoli you will ever have. It’s perfectly roasted at a super high heat so it gets nice and crispy, then tossed in a garlicky, mustardy, lemony sauce that makes it truly next level. Serve it with any protein like grilled chicken, steak, fish, etc., OR add it to your next bowl for some added greens. Regardless of how you choose to eat it, it’s going to change the way you look at broccoli forever. 🥦
The Best Roasted Broccoli
SERVES: 4 servings
- 1 large head of broccoli
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan to finish optional
Garlic Mustard Sauce:
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice & zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the stem off the head of broccoli to make florets. Then cut each floret in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a large baking sheet, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. This ensures the broccoli gets crispy!
- Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes.
- While it bakes, make the sauce. Combine the mustard, garlic, lemon, honey, salt, pepper and chili flakes with a fork or whisk. Slowly drizzle in the oil until smooth.
- Spoon the sauce over the broccoli to taste. Serve with some freshly grated parm on top and try your best not to eat all 4 servings.