Wasn’t expecting to make a full blown BANGER for dinner tonight but it happened and I’m here for it. These Whole30 Crispy Eggplant Bites are seriously insane you guys! They’re so easy to make and perfect for a girls night!
Whole30 Crispy Eggplant Bites
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- Pizza sauce
- Diced bell peppers
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the eggplant into rounds.
- First coat the rounds in egg wash then coat evenly with a mixture of almond flour and tapioca flour.
- Add the rounds to a hot skillet over medium heat with olive or avocado oil (enough to cover the whole in a shallow layer).
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side then transfer to a plate with paper towels to absorb the oil. Place each round on the baking sheet and add your toppings! I did pizza sauce, diced bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes then top with basil, salt and pepper!