Will never ever get over how good this recipe is! You can serve it as a side dish or even an appetizer with some corn chips to dip. It’s creamy, slightly spicy and the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Feel free to skip the bacon for your vegetarian friends!
Jalapeño Bacon Corn Casserole
- 10 oz uncooked bacon
- 1 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 jalapeno minced plus a few slices to top
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and lay out the bacon being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Place in the oven then set the temperature to 42It should be nice and crispy after 20-25 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. Once cooled, dice the bacon into “crumbles.” Heat the oven back to 400 degrees.
- In a baking dish, combine cream cheese, Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cheese, half the bacon and seasonings.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add in the corn, 3 tbsp green onion and the diced jalapeños. Saute for 5-7 minutes until everything is hot.
- Add the corn to the baking dish and combine well. Top with jalapeño slices, cheese, more bacon and remaining green onions. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve as a side dish or a delicious crowd pleasing dip!